Friday, April 1, 2011

Eat a Dick Make Up....

Firstly, for all the non-poker people reading this:

Makeup

1. A negative (or "red") figure that exists as a condition of staking arrangements, especially common for tournament staking.

How it Works

A typical tournament backing deal might be outlined as "50/50 with makeup."

What this means is that the backer, who puts up the money for a player's buyins, agrees to split 50% of the backee's tournament profits but only after previous buyins have been recouped. The amount that needs to be recouped is makeup.

After being roughly 35k in the red a month ago; I have run insanely hot and dug my way out. The graph below shows my overall results for the year as a total of all my accounts, it highlights the downswing and subsequent upswing quite nicely (sum of all accounts is the red line)



On the way down, I will concede that I definitely wasn't playing my 'A' game, it's very easy to show up to play, register, and just go through the motions somewhat; blaming flips/coolers/variance on your results. I am very grateful to all the guys who have looked at hands for me (u know who you are). Also amazing what a little bit of confidence does for your game!

Anyway, would not be a Watto post is it didn't include a bit of brag, so the obligatory screen shot of 109/50k win is below



Also got my 1st game of the footy season today, fairly pumped! I have been doing a fair bit more work/training than usual (i am generally very fucking lazy) but I have recruited a mate of mine to personal train me, as well as doing sessions at footy training. As a result I am a decent whack fitter than usual at this stage of the year, and looking forward to booting a few extra goals from full forward this season. Unfortunately with it comes the earliest flare up of my shin splints (had them for the last 4 years). Been to see the podiatrist though, and got myself new runners/new footy boots/orthotics as well as some "Skins" for my calves which has made a noticeable difference already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment