Saturday, July 10, 2010

downscwhing

Yeah so I'm pretty sure the title says it all - been in a major rut lately when in comes to the real business of actually winning $$$. I feel like I have been playing well still, however I mostly attribute this to my (failed) attempt to increase my average buy in; a sort of "shot-taking" I guess. Had some deep runs in some really big stuff lately, I have racked up a 10th, a 21st, and a 34th in $162s - obviously a result in any of these would have kept me in enough $$$ to keep my ABI where it is.

However, as I alluded to in my previous entry ill be dropping a lot of my bigger stuff and trying to run somewhere around a $40 ABI for the time being, at least until I get a result or two. It amazes me that so many poker players out there are completely irrational when it comes to bankroll management, especially considering the inherent variance that exists in the game (especially in regards to MTTs). It is my opinion that you should make some attempt to "smooth" out the fluctuations that your bankroll goes through; somewhat similar to what the government attempts to do for the economic cycle using monetary/fiscal policy. To put it simply, take shots when your upswinging, and drop back when your downswinging. I've taken my shot, im ready to admit short-term failure, and now going to grind it back.

Also went 0/4 MTTs in Perth, Ill probably write a post about that later. Off to Queenstown on Tuesday too, should be epic!

RESULTS:
Tuesday: -$1,444.84
Friday: -$1,638.53

TOTAL: -$8,084.93

No comments:

Post a Comment