Sunday, July 18, 2010

inroads, tollgateaments!

Having a blast in New Zealand at the moment! We have been here for 5 days, spent 3 days on the slopes so far two at Coronet Peak and one beautiful sunny day at Cardrona yesterday. Queenstown really buzzes at night, there is a number of decent restaurants and nightspots. We spent the other night at a sports bar which was quite intimidating - the All Blacks were playing South Africa and the crowd was soooooooooooooooooooooo into it. Been hanging out a fair bit with Pat & Chloe, as well as Hugh and Toby Cohen and Tom "Tollgate" Grigg. ANZPT Queenstown events start tomoro, so the town is obv about to be invaded by a shitload of poker players including the one and only Rennie Shhhhhteeeeel and his GF Sorrell. I personally doubt I will be playing many of the lead up events, but I will be playing the main event which starts on Thurday, hopefully get my run good on!

Anyway, this morning Tom, Hugh and I headed down to the 24hr net cafe to get grind on the mind. Had a pretty uneventful session myself, copped a brutal beat deep in the Cake $100k gtd QQ < AJ to bust 28th... but

Tollgate the sicko ended up shipping 4th in the Sunday Warmup for 46k!!!! This was awesome for me as well cause I swapped 5%, and the 2.3k I got was enough to get me in profit for the day. I am making inroads into my downswing, really keen to put in some serious volume when I get back home. Only one decent cash away from being back to square!

Also a small brag managed to cash in the Million for 500ish but I bought into the mill and the warmup with FPPs; so 27,000 Fpps ----> $2800 = :)

RESULTS:

Today: +$1,583.69
OVERALL: -$6,411.66

No comments:

Post a Comment