Friday, August 20, 2010

A long overdue update and some hard decisions

I daresay the main reason for the lack of updates recently has been due to the somewhat vicious and unrelenting downswing I have been suffering.. I havent been in a great frame of mind (especially immediately after losing sessions)

Basically online it has been -15k almost straight down since ive been back from New Zealand, however I guess I should be somewhat grateful that I was lucky enough to bink live (including some swaps from the GC ty Rawks n Aycee). If not for that binkage I would be in a lot more trouble, although on the flip side I may have been a bit nittier in regards to bankroll management.

Regardless of how good/bad/ugly I have been running, I've had to make some serious financial decisions and come up with a solution to get me and this challenge (lol 100k) back on track. I have had to dissolve the small stable I had going to free up some online $$$ and I will have to be pretty nitty with it - really dont wanna bust it! I guess I'm going to work with another 400 or so buyins and try and play an ABI of $30-$40 (feel free to berate me if you catch me playing anything 109+) and hopefully we will see some results!

Anyway enough of the serious poker shit, more importantly we have footy semi finals tomorrow playing for a spot in the grand final. Should be loose night especially if we get up in both grades, my liver needs prepping for the barrage of pain that I will be inflicting on it with (hopefully) premiership celebrations followed by footy trip.

Reports back from the gold coast indicate that Rennie "smokebomb" Carnivale set a record for the worlds shortest trip to a poker tournament, was in and outta Jupiters within 24 hours! Had a great time myself, although one hand late on day 2 pretty much cost me a stack which I probably woulda rode in for at least a mincash; I spaz reshoved wayyyy too many bbs (its fucking hard counting live chips).

Pretty much spent the rest of the time up there either at the beach or on the piss/dinner etc, highlights included a all-star touch football game obv we had to explain the finer rules of the game to the Melburnites but end result was the superior athletic prowess of Wattage, Tollgate, Milf, Jules and Neilson prevailing easily over the spuds Rickwaa, Moffo, Jackovich, Weygang and Sammy.

Also met up with an old acquaintance of ours, Marty from the Cabbage Tree Hotel who now resides in the Gold Coast, someone who James Dixon would remember very well: http://thelifeofapone.blogspot.com/2010/05/me-and-woodleys-night-of-shame.html

Here is a quote aptly summarising the events of that said night: "...I am standing behind the bouncer, being a pest, dancing behind him and mocking him. Supposedly he turns around and says to me calmly "Would you like a slap to the face", to which I replied with "Yes please". BANG this bouncer backhands the shit out of me and i hit the deck." yeah wp dixon u fish.

PS forgot to mention I managed to win a seat to the next leg of the ANZPT tour in Melbourne in early October. Aiming to be robusto online again by then, but really who knows. Sure would be nice to bink another big score tho!

RESULTS:
Overall: -$19,334.65

No comments:

Post a Comment